Wednesday, October 17, 2012

2012 Oktoberfest and Bethlehem Harvest Festival

Last Saturday, October 13, was a busy day in Bethlehem. Oktoberfest was still going on at SteelStacks, and the Bethlehem Harvest Festival was in full swing on Main Street. It was a great opportunity to sample a lot of different foods. I was a little limited in my choices, since I'm still eating a meatless diet, but I still managed to enjoy myself.

We started our afternoon at Oktoberfest. While Jay was eating a hotdog, I had a childhood favorite prepared just the way mom used to make it: pierogies with butter and onions.

Pictured: Jay enjoying a hotdog at Oktoberfest

We left Oktoberfest and walked from SteelStacks to Main Street, via the Fahey Bridge. After walking all the way up to the Sun Inn, we stopped long enough for me to get one last ear of roasted corn for the season from Aw Shucks.

Pictured: eating Aw Shucks corn at Harvest Festival

After walking back to SteelStacks, we stopped back into Oktoberfest long enough for Jay to get chicken bites and for me to get funnel cake. It's the only time I've had it this year, and after walking 6 miles for the day, according to my Fitbit, I didn't feel guilty for the indulgence.

Pictured: funnel cake at Oktoberfest

For pictures of the actual festivals, I have additional photographs on my 2012 local events webpage. It really is nice to combine the two festivals on one day out. They're so different from each other, but they both have a lot of great aspects to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

30 Days is Now 60 Days

I'm still eating mostly grain-free. In the past two months, I've cut out most grain (except the occasional wheat tortilla for work l...