Thursday, October 20, 2011

Mariani Honey Bars

I gave up on granola bars because of how many artificial ingredients they contain, but I do miss them. I'm always looking for a good snack alternative. I think I may have found that in Mariani Honey Bars.

Pictured: granola bar (oats, nuts, raisins, crisp rice and honey) and cranberry bar (nut, fruit and honey)

These aren't low in calories, but they aren't that much higher than a regular granola bar. The cranberry bar has 180 calories and the granola has 160 calories. Trail mix and sesame bars are also available.

According to the website, all of the bars are vegetarian, wheat and gluten free, kosher, preservative free, free of artificial flavors, cholesterol free and all natural. I tried the trail mix variety and I can also add that they taste great and are very filling. I plan to stock up on these and make them a regular part of my less processed diet.

5 comments:

  1. These look delicious!

    BTW - I love your blog layout and the pictures you take! It all has such an artistic flair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one I had was very good. I'd never have guessed that it was less processed. I bought it at Walmart, of all places.

    Thanks! The person who designed the layout has done some very cute templates. I've tried a few others, but I keep coming back to this one.

    I like posting photos. I'm a novice when it comes to taking them, so I'm hoping this will help me improve. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, those look interesting. I'm partial to Sunrise Energy Bars (also all-natural ingredients, they sell them at Costco; online reviews are mixed but I really like them).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the recommendation, Rue! I'll have to see if I can find them. It's too bad we don't have a Costco very close to where I live, but I can definitely look online.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just tried granola--excellent!!

    ReplyDelete

30 Days is Now 60 Days

I'm still eating mostly grain-free. In the past two months, I've cut out most grain (except the occasional wheat tortilla for work l...