Monday, October 22, 2012

Colors of Fall

I love the maple tree in my front yard during the month of October. The tree looks its best in fall, when the leaves start changing color. Not even the terrible pruning job done by the township can diminish its beauty. In fact, it almost makes the tree appear to be two trees instead of one.

Pictured: maple tree

The pathway between the front yard and the side yard doesn't look as clean as it did in summer. I picked leaves out from between the stepping stones this weekend, but more have already fallen since then. The magnolia on the side of the house still has plenty of leaves yet to drop.

Pictured: pathway along side of house

The lilac tree has been dropping a lot of leaves, but so far the dogwood has just been changing colors. It's too close to the house and should be removed, but I'll get as much enjoyment out of it until that happens.

Pictured: dogwood on side of house

The colors of fall never cease to impress me. It's a shame that the colors don't last longer, but it gives me a reason to look forward to next fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

30 Days is Now 60 Days

I'm still eating mostly grain-free. In the past two months, I've cut out most grain (except the occasional wheat tortilla for work l...