Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Last Couple of Months...

It probably seems like I've abandoned this blog, but I haven't. I've just been busy the last couple of months with family issues. Specifically, with my husband's health. Jay was hospitalized twice in August. The first time was due to gastroenteritis; the second time was due to another stroke.

Jay's doing better now. He's back to work as of today, and I can see the improvements he's made since August. The only bad news is that he can't drive until at least January, which means we won't be going many places since I'm not fond of driving.

Also of note, I had poison ivy for three very long weeks. I've had to take over all the yard work while Jay has been recuperating. This is the first time I've had a reaction to poison ivy since I was a teenager. I hope I never have to deal with it again.

One place we did go before Jay got sick was Musikfest. We only got to go one day, but it was enough for me to discover a new love: Aw Shucks roasted corn.

Pictured: enjoying Aw Shucks corn

It was the best corn on the cob I've ever tasted. I can't wait for summer of 2013 so I can have it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

30 Days is Now 60 Days

I'm still eating mostly grain-free. In the past two months, I've cut out most grain (except the occasional wheat tortilla for work l...