Thursday, March 29, 2012

Longwood Gardens 2012 Orchid Exhibit

To complete my hat trick of flower shows, I went to see the 2012 Orchid Exhibit at Longwood Gardens in Kennett Square, PA. Unlike the Philadelphia Flower Show, Longwood Gardens was a very relaxing experience with a much smaller group of people in attendance.

Orchids dominated the displays, but there were other plants and flowers to be seen. One room looked like a rainforest, complete with natural looking water features. Another room was filled with different succulent plants. Yet another was decorated like a children's fantasy garden, with whimsical fountains and secret passageways.

I'm posting a few pictures from the trip, but more may be seen at my website on my Longwood Gardens page.







I'm hoping that by the time I go back to Longwood Gardens again, more of the outdoor flowers will be in bloom. We did see some tulips, but many were not yet open. I'm glad we at least got to see some of the trees in bloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

30 Days is Now 60 Days

I'm still eating mostly grain-free. In the past two months, I've cut out most grain (except the occasional wheat tortilla for work l...