Monday, May 7, 2012

Let's Talk Turkey

I didn't post at all in April. Mainly it was because I've been obsessing over reading and watching Game of Thrones, and creating a new look for my personal website. I love writing my own css files.

To get back into the habit of posting, here's a look at a recent visit I made with my husband to a new restaurant called Let's Talk Turkey. They don't have a website online, but they do have a Facebook page.


My husband took these pictures with a lower quality setting than I usually use, but they turned out well enough to give an idea of what the restaurant is like. It's got a very casual decor, giving the place more of a café feel. We were the only people there at the time, so it was a very relaxing lunch for us.



This was Jay's meal. He ordered a deep fried turkey wing with stuffing and mashed potatoes. He thought it would be more spicy than it was, but he said the sides were perfect.


My meal was a grilled smoked turkey sandwich with cheese and a serving of sweet potato fries. It was one of the best grilled cheese sandwiches I ever had. The smoked turkey gave it a very rich flavor.

The staff at Let's Talk Turkey were nice and friendly. The total experience was a positive one and I'd love to go back to try a few more menu items (especially the pulled turkey sandwich).

No comments:

Post a Comment

30 Days is Now 60 Days

I'm still eating mostly grain-free. In the past two months, I've cut out most grain (except the occasional wheat tortilla for work l...