Monday, December 26, 2011

Holiday Meals Are Impossible to Resist

Sometimes, I wish my mother and mother-in-law weren't such great cooks. I can't resist eating big meals at the holidays because everything tastes so good. Of course, being a blogger who likes to talk about food, I have photographic evidence to back up my claims about their cooking talent.

Pictured: ham, mashed potatoes, broccoli and cheese, crescent roll, corn and stuffing at mom's supper

Pictured: mom's homemade rice pudding with whipped cream

Pictured: goose, stuffing, mashed potatoes, brussels sprouts, mixed vegetables and roll at mother-in-law's supper

Pictured: pumpkin pie with whipped cream

I expected my weight to be up this morning, so it wasn't a big shock. I just know I've got to get back to eating less in the very near future. Between the stress of losing my job and the holiday eating, I've put a few pounds back on that I really wish I hadn't.

I need to start thinking about the future, specifically after January 18, when my job ends. I want to adjust my eating plan before then, but that's when I expect to get a lot more active. Being without work isn't going to be an excuse to sit around the house doing nothing. I want to make the best use out of my time as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

30 Days is Now 60 Days

I'm still eating mostly grain-free. In the past two months, I've cut out most grain (except the occasional wheat tortilla for work l...