Sunday, January 1, 2012

Brew Works at Christmas

My first post for 2012 is actually made up of photographs taken on December 30. It was the last day at D&B for my best friend and coworker, so hubby and I took her out for lunch at the Bethlehem Brew Works.

Long time residents of Bethlehem will remember the building on the corner of Main and Broad Streets as being the home of Orrs, a department store that closed in 1993. The building is now divided up into many different stores, with Brew Works as its flagship restaurant. The restaurant style is industrial, paying homage to Bethlehem's steel industry past.

Pictured: mural in one of the dining rooms

Pictured: dining area decorated with Bethlehem Steel theme

Pictured: beer tanks

Pictured: dining room Christmas tree

Pictured: Bavarian pretzels with beer cheese soup (for dipping)

Pictured: lasagna soup with crackers

I was impressed with the menu at Brew Works. It's changed a bit since the last time I was there a few years ago. There are more Pennsylvania Dutch offerings on the menu, something the Lehigh Valley has been lacking since the closing of Walps restaurant in Allentown. I loved the Bavarian pretzel appetizer. Next time, I'm going to try pierogie casserole.

No comments:

Post a Comment

30 Days is Now 60 Days

I'm still eating mostly grain-free. In the past two months, I've cut out most grain (except the occasional wheat tortilla for work l...