Monday, November 7, 2011

Back to Basics

When I started maintenance back in August, I weighed 199. This morning, I was up to 207. It's time to turn that around and get back to watching my calories and exercising regularly. I know it's not fair, but potential employers will see me as a fat woman, and I don't want that when I start job hunting in 2012.

I determined my calories based on the calculators at Fat2Fit Radio. For a sedentary lifestyle, my calorie goal is 1709. For a lightly active lifestyle, it's 1958. I've decided for November, I'm going to aim for somewhere between 1,800-2,000 calories every day. In December, I'll drop it down to 1,700-1,900.

My other non-calorie goals include:

  • walking 30 minutes most days of the week
  • drinking water instead of diet soda
  • cutting back on bread and cereal
  • limiting sweets to one a day (Weight Watchers ice cream bar)
  • eating more chicken and less red meat
  • eating more vegetables

I'm going to allow myself one meal a week (usually on the weekend) where I don't count the calories. There are some restaurants I go to where I can't count calories. I'm starting out a little less strict with myself, but I feel like that will help me ease back into my good habits and be successful.

2 comments:

  1. It is totally unfair that employers view larger people differently. But, that's the way it is in our society, right now.

    I think you've created a really good plan, I always do better when I ease into change. You have plenty being thrust on you as it is, right now, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping I can get a job at one of the local hospitals. I like to think they'll see that other than being over weight, I'm very healthy. (I hardly ever get colds, even.)

    I'll be working at this much harder in January when I have time every day to do a lot more exercising. If I can get through the holidays without gaining more weight, I'll be happy!

    ReplyDelete

30 Days is Now 60 Days

I'm still eating mostly grain-free. In the past two months, I've cut out most grain (except the occasional wheat tortilla for work l...