Friday, October 14, 2011

Peddler's Village, Lahaska PA

I went on a day trip to the New Hope-Lahaska, PA area with my best friend on Thursday. It's been many years since I've been there, so I was looking forward to it quite a lot. I wasn't disappointed. The main attraction for me was visiting Peddlar's Village.

Peddler's Village is a series of specialty shops featuring all kinds of merchandise including clothing, jewelry, gourmet food items, kitchenware and so much more. Anyone who has ever been to Old Mystic Seaport in Connecticut will notice the similarity between the two, although I find Peddler's Village much more upscale.


Not only did the shops have their holiday items on display, but the village did, too. Outdoors was decorated for fall and Halloween, and we even saw workers beginning to put up lights on the trees and bushes for Christmas.


The lure of the coffeehouse was strong for me, especially when we went inside and saw the old coffee roaster and smelled the delicious aroma of the various coffees. We didn't end up buying anything there, mainly because we were still very full from our lunch at the Cock 'n Bull Restaurant.

I was going to post some pictures of the inside of the restaurant, but my photos didn't do justice to the place. Instead, I'd suggest looking at the linked website's pictures. It was such a warm and inviting space. I'll share pictures of our meals, which were both very tasty. I had a turkey sandwich and my friend had a burger.

Pictured: grilled turkey sandwich (turkey breast, caramelized onion and Brie on a grilled brioche bread), dill pickle and steamed broccoli and carrots

Pictured: applewood smoked bacon burger (longhorn cheddar cheese, red onion, green leaf lettuce, horseradish mayo and Applewood bacon) and french fries


The only thing that could have made lunch even nicer would have been being able to enjoy it outside in the gazebo on a warm sunny day. Maybe next time we'll buy our coffee at The Coffee House and enjoy it in the gazebo (along with a dessert from the Town Crier Bakery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

30 Days is Now 60 Days

I'm still eating mostly grain-free. In the past two months, I've cut out most grain (except the occasional wheat tortilla for work l...