Friday, September 2, 2011

My Garden Runneth Over


Our tomatoes are finally ripening in our garden. This is a picture of a small portion of our tomato crop. We always end up with enough to feed the neighborhood. Good thing I have a friend who loves to can food. She's taking some of these to use in her own kitchen.

Tomatoes make a nice light afternoon snack. They don't have a lot of calories, and they can be served sliced with a little seasoning. There's no need to do anything fancy with them. One recipe I would like to try is this one. It's a good way to save tomatoes without having to go through the canning process.

For anyone curious about our garden, my husband has been doing container gardening in a greenhouse that he bought this summer.

Pictured: outside view of greenhouse, with squash growing on a trellis

Pictured: tomato plants have taken over the inside of the greenhouse

No comments:

Post a Comment

30 Days is Now 60 Days

I'm still eating mostly grain-free. In the past two months, I've cut out most grain (except the occasional wheat tortilla for work l...