Sunday, September 4, 2011

How to Dress When You're Top Heavy

I'm a top-heavy woman, and I have a difficult time finding the right kind of clothing to flatter my shape. Next time I shop, I hope to keep these helpful hints in mind.

TOPS:
  • DON'T wear high necklines. DO wear V-neck, scoop, wrap and sweetheart necklines.
  • DON'T show too much cleavage. DO wear camisoles.
  • DON'T wear too tight or too baggy clothes. DO wear fabrics that skim the body, such as knits and wovens with stretch.
  • DON'T wear tops with full or puffy sleeves, sleeveless tops or tops with spaghetti straps.
  • DON'T wear tops with pockets and other details on the chest.
  • DO wear wrap and corset blouses.
  • DO wear cardigans that hit around the hip line, not the waist.

BOTTOMS:
  • DON'T wear pencil skirts, tight jeans or pants with pleats. DO wear A-line skirts and flared pants.
  • DO wear jeans with front and back pockets.

GENERAL:
  • DON'T WEAR bulky clothing, especially sweaters.
  • DON'T wear necklaces that hit the cleavage area or below. Do wear necklaces that hit just below the collarbone.
  • DO wear dark colors on top and light colors on the bottom.
  • DO wear empire and drop-waist dresses.

REFERENCES:

http://fashion.about.com/cs/tipsadvice/a/figurefixers.htm
http://gill-hart.suite101.com/fashion-tips-for-big-busts-a42352
http://www.ehow.com/how_2058787_dress-flatter-topheavy-figure.html

Hopefully, this will help me to better dress the body I have now, instead of waiting for the body I hope to have someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

30 Days is Now 60 Days

I'm still eating mostly grain-free. In the past two months, I've cut out most grain (except the occasional wheat tortilla for work l...