Sunday, September 4, 2011

Favorite Restaurant Meals: Applebee's Steak and Potato Salad

Pictured: steak and potato salad (spinach, eggs, grilled sirloin steak, herb steamed potatoes, red peppers, onions, tomatoes, basil, Dijon vinaigrette), 380 calories for the entire salad
Picture from Applebee's

I had to find an image online for this salad. The colors in my photograph looked too bluish, probably because of the lighting at the restaurant. My salad did look pretty much like the one in this photograph.

This is one of my favorite restaurant salads. It's built on a base of spinach, rather than lettuce. The dressing on the salad is very light. Applebee's has a bunch of meals they advertise as being under 550 calories, as well as several Weight Watchers entrees, complete with Points values. My other favorite Applebee's meal is the Asiago Peppercorn Steak.

No comments:

Post a Comment

30 Days is Now 60 Days

I'm still eating mostly grain-free. In the past two months, I've cut out most grain (except the occasional wheat tortilla for work l...