Sunday, September 18, 2011

Canada Vacation, Day 1: Famous Cajun Grill

This blog has been quiet all week because I was on vacation in Canada with my husband. Now that I'm home, I'll be sharing some pictures (mainly of food) that I took on the trip.

Pictured: Famous Cajun Grill in Wilton Mall, Wilton NY

Pictured: blackened chicken, bourbon chicken, fried rice and green beans

These photographs were taken at Wilton Mall in Wilton NY. We stopped there for lunch on our way to Montreal. I wanted to try Famous Cajun Grill because I'd never eaten there before. In spite of the name, the cuisine was a mix of Cajun (chicken) and Chinese (side dishes). It all tasted good, especially the bourbon chicken. Not a bad meal for $5, although I could have been happier with a lot less rice. I didn't try to finish it all.

Luckily, I didn't gain any weight on vacation. Every day I ate a big breakfast, smaller lunch and light supper, although I had dessert several times. All the walking our group did must have helped me burn up the calories.

I was very pleasantly surprised that so many of the restaurants were happy to accommodate my requests for smaller evening meals. Usually, tour groups have a rigid menu off which they must order. I had no trouble getting soups and salads, instead of steak, chicken or fish. Maybe next time I'll request vegetarian meals, even though I do still eat meat.

Fitbit Stats for Day 1
Steps taken: 7,247
Miles walked: 3.07
Calories burned: 2,214

1 comment:

  1. Good post. We've posted a similar Canada profile here: http://traveleam.ca/canada-great-deals-on-all-inclusive-vacations-to-canada/

    ReplyDelete

30 Days is Now 60 Days

I'm still eating mostly grain-free. In the past two months, I've cut out most grain (except the occasional wheat tortilla for work l...