Monday, September 19, 2011

Canada Vacation, Day 2: Restaurant Du Vieux Port

This meal was my dinner on the second day in Montreal. I had a small sandwich for lunch in the Underground City, so I was actually a little hungry for dinner.


Pictured: (above) roasted vegetables over rice with goat cheese, (below) chocolate dessert

The waitress at the Restaurant Du Vieux Port in Montreal was very sweet. I told her I only wanted soup as my starter, and salad as my entree. She told me she'd get the kitchen to make a dish with roasted vegetables. I was expecting something more like a traditional salad, but I got vegetables over wild rice with goat cheese. It was one of the best meals I had in Canada.

The dessert was pretty amazing, too. I only had a couple bites of it because I was afraid it would be too much, especially since I ate most of my salad.

Fitbit Stats for Day 2
Steps taken: 10,412
Miles walked: 4.41
Calories burned: 2,249

No comments:

Post a Comment

30 Days is Now 60 Days

I'm still eating mostly grain-free. In the past two months, I've cut out most grain (except the occasional wheat tortilla for work l...