Saturday, September 24, 2011

2011 Celtic Classic

Hubby and I went to the 2011 Celtic Classic today. We watched the parade on Main Street, then followed the Liberty High School marching band (always the last band to march) down to the main festival area.

We bought an authentic Celtic lunch from a vendor called The Scottish Cottage. Jay was more adventurous and had haggis, while I had shepherd's pie (although I think it was actually cottage pie, which has beef instead of lamb). We finished off lunch with a shortbread cookie from Donovan's Celtic Foods, and used the last of our Celtic Classic food tickets to buy a small loaf of their pumpkin bread.


Pictured: (above) haggis and (below) shepherd's pie from The Scottish Cottage

After lunch, we walked around a little before deciding that it was too crowded and humid to stay. We hiked back up Main Street and were about to pass by the Bethlehem Commons, when I noticed that the Stations Cafe was selling ice cream. As we entered, I saw a display of Irish soda bread scones made by McCafferty's Scones and Sweets. We ended up having ice cream (one scoop for each of us) at the cafe and taking home two scones for another day.


Pictured: (above) Irish soda bread scones (below) peanut butter cup ice cream

I don't know how many calories I ate, but I do know we walked approximately 6,000 steps. We parked about 15 blocks away from the main festival area, partly because we knew parking would be scare, and partly because we knew we'd need to exercise off some calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

30 Days is Now 60 Days

I'm still eating mostly grain-free. In the past two months, I've cut out most grain (except the occasional wheat tortilla for work l...