Sunday, September 25, 2011

Size Matters

I'm a little envious every time I see women at LoseIt saying how they've dropped 20 pounds and two-three dress sizes. That doesn't happen for me. I need to lose about 25 pounds to lose one dress size.

I'm 5'5" inches tall. At my lowest weight (150 pounds), I was a Misses size 16, with a 38 D bra. I wore a Misses size L shirt. Right now (202 pounds), I'm between a size 20 and 22, with a 42 DDD bra. I wear a Womens size XL shirt. When I was at my heaviest (260 pounds), I wore a 24, with a 44 DDD bra. I wore a Womens size XXL shirt.

I'm hoping to see my size change to Misses size 18, 40 DD bra and Misses XL shirt when I get to about 180 pounds. I'm not sure if I'll be wearing a Misses 16 again when I get to my goal (between 160 and 165), but I can be happy with a Misses 18. I don't have the hourglass figure most women have. With my wide shoulders, I'm built more like a football player than a ballerina.

Maybe one of these days I'll scan the pictures I have of me at 150 pounds. It's nice to remind myself that I can at least look properly proportioned, if not thin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

30 Days is Now 60 Days

I'm still eating mostly grain-free. In the past two months, I've cut out most grain (except the occasional wheat tortilla for work l...