Thursday, August 18, 2011

Strategies for Maintaining Weight Loss

I'm not at my goal weight yet, but since I'm taking a couple months off from actively trying to lose weight, I figured it would be a good idea to document some of my strategies for keeping off the weight I've lost so far.

  • Eat breakfast daily
  • Exercise approximately 60 minutes a day
  • Check weight at least once a week
  • Watch less than 10 hours of television per week
  • Maintain a consistent diet on weekends and weekdays
  • Track food intake
  • Maintain a consistent eating pattern
  • Catch 'slips' before they turn into bigger problems
  • Stay accountable
  • Stay motivated
  • Become an avid label reader
  • Fill half your plate with vegetables
  • Plan meals on most days of the week
  • Eat a low-fat, high-carbohydrate diet

These strategies were taken from many different articles online. They aren't that different from my regular weight loss strategies. I'm eating a few hundred calories more than I was when I was trying to lose weight, but that's about the only thing I've changed about my eating habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

30 Days is Now 60 Days

I'm still eating mostly grain-free. In the past two months, I've cut out most grain (except the occasional wheat tortilla for work l...