Thursday, August 25, 2011

Five Ingredient Challenge

I was reading about the five ingredient challenge at 100 Days of Real Food. It sounds like such a good challenge to do, but for now I'm just going to identify what foods I eat that have more than five ingredients.

Things I Eat Often That Fit the Challenge:
  • Almonds
  • Cheese
  • Chicken
  • Cream of wheat
  • Eggs/egg substitutes (egg whites only)
  • Fruit (blueberries, cherries, oranges, strawberries)
  • Homemade jam
  • Kashi Autumn Harvest cereal
  • Peanut butter
  • Popcorn (air popped)
  • Skim milk
  • Vegetables (broccoli, carrots, corn, green beans, lettuce, onions, peas, potatoes, spinach, squash, tomatoes)
  • V8 juice

Things I Eat Often That Don't Fit the Challenge:
  • Arnold sandwich thins
  • Coffee creamer (full dairy)
  • Fiber One cereal
  • Granola bars
  • Greek yogurt (with fruit)
  • Sugarless gum
  • Weight Watchers ice cream bars

There's definitely room for improvement, although I won't give up my coffee creamer. Or my lattes at Starbucks and Cosi. I prefer to aim for 80% rather than perfection with my diet. I've already improved so much, in less than one year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

30 Days is Now 60 Days

I'm still eating mostly grain-free. In the past two months, I've cut out most grain (except the occasional wheat tortilla for work l...