Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Wegmans Meals Make Lunches So Easy to Pack

This meal has approximately 340 calories as pictured. I added 20 cherries for a lunch of 440 calories. Pictured: (bottom right) turkey roulade, (bottom left) roasted butternut squash, (top left) green beans, (top right) roasted red potatoes


This meal has approximately 580 calories as pictured. Because the calories are higher, I didn't have any fruit with it. Pictured: (bottom right) artichoke and asiago croquette, (bottom left) chicken parmesan, (top left) broccoli, (top right) roasted butternut squash

Except for the butternut squash, these meals came from my local Wegmans store. I bought two $6 meals and divided them into four meals, so these actually cost me $3 each. I like buying from Wegmans because I know the food is freshly prepared and I get the variety I need to make me happy.

My only complaint is that the artichoke and asiago croquette broke apart when I tried to cut it in half. I probably won't get it again. It's also high in calories (320 for the whole thing). I only bought it this time because I wanted to try something different.

No comments:

Post a Comment

30 Days is Now 60 Days

I'm still eating mostly grain-free. In the past two months, I've cut out most grain (except the occasional wheat tortilla for work l...