Friday, August 26, 2011

Favorite Restaurant Meals: Cosi TBM Light

Pictured: TBM light (whole grain flatbread, tomatoes, basil, fresh mozzarella, fat-free vinaigrette) with baby carrots, 454 calories per order

This is one of my favorite meals from one of my favorite 'fast food' restaurants, Cosi. I usually have it once a week, with a large slim vanilla latte (skim milk, espresso and sugar free vanilla syrup). At 629 calories, it's not a small meal, but it's very filling and usually keeps me satisfied for the rest of the afternoon.

Any sandwich made with Cosi flatbread is good. Sometimes I like to spend a few hundred extra calories and get the Steakhouse Gorgonzola Melt. It's 824 calories of delicious beef medallions, Gorgonzola cheese, caramelized red onions and bleu cheese spread.

One great way to help keep calories down at Cosi is to get a Cosi Duo: half of a flatbread sandwich and a small soup. Pollo e pasta is only 140 calories, for example. It's a nice compromise between great taste and lower calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

30 Days is Now 60 Days

I'm still eating mostly grain-free. In the past two months, I've cut out most grain (except the occasional wheat tortilla for work l...