Saturday, August 27, 2011

Favorite Restaurant Meals: Lone Star Mesquite-Grilled Chicken

Pictured: mesquite-grilled chicken breasts (8 ounces), steamed broccoli and green beans, approximately 625 calories per order

I love the mesquite-grilled chicken breast at Lone Star Steakhouse. It's always perfectly seasoned and very moist. I vary the sides that I order with my chicken. This time I chose broccoli and green beans, but sometimes I get Texas rice (brown rice with onions and mushrooms, 80 calories) and/or a side Caesar salad (160 calories). I had to guestimate the calories for the broccoli (70) and green beans (55) since Lone Star doesn't post calorie counts.

One of the best parts of this meal is that I can easily get two servings out of it. I love meals that give me leftovers. It's also not bad calorie-wise, especially when split into two meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

30 Days is Now 60 Days

I'm still eating mostly grain-free. In the past two months, I've cut out most grain (except the occasional wheat tortilla for work l...