Sunday, August 14, 2011

Bangers and Mash

Pictured: bangers and mash (with peas) from Braveheart Highland Pub, Hellertown PA

Half of that meal was my lunch yesterday. The other half will be eaten for a different meal. One thing I've learned from counting calories is that I don't have to eat everything that's on my plate. Restaurant meals tend to be twice the amount of food a person should eat for a single meal. When I have a high calorie meal like this, I always take half home.

I counted half of this meal as 500 calories, based on various calorie counts I found online. It may actually be a high guestimate, but I'd rather guess too high than too low.

No comments:

Post a Comment

30 Days is Now 60 Days

I'm still eating mostly grain-free. In the past two months, I've cut out most grain (except the occasional wheat tortilla for work l...