Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Dusting This Thing Off

I've gotten out of the habit of blogging. I still post pictures online, but I do it at my website (http://sharonexner.com). I don't take as many photographs of food as I once did. Instead, my subjects tend to be local festivals, where I can enjoy the fun things the Lehigh Valley has to offer.

So far this year, my husband and I have gone to Bethlehem's Celtic Classic, Oktoberfest and the Harvest Festival. We've also attended a couple of fun celebrations at the Easton Farmer's Market: Garlic Festival and Apple Jam. We hope to go to Baconfest at the Easton Farmers Market, Christkindlmarkt and Peeps Fest, before the year is over. Missing from our list of activities this year are Burnside Plantation's Blueberry Festival, the Historic Bethlehem Partnership Reception (this year, held in conjunction with the reopening of the Kemerer Museum) and Musikfest. A combination of summer hot weather, general disinterest and movies that we wanted to see kept us from attending.

The main vacation my husband I took this year was a one-day bus trip to the Philadelphia Zoo, and the Adventure Aquarium in Camden, NJ. With both of us working every weekday (and me not having vacation for the first six months of my new job), it's been hard to get away except on weekends. Hopefully, that will change in 2014. A local bus company has a week-long trip to New England that I would love to take.

Maybe I'll post a few of my favorite pictures from this year, just to catch up a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment

30 Days is Now 60 Days

I'm still eating mostly grain-free. In the past two months, I've cut out most grain (except the occasional wheat tortilla for work l...