Thursday, March 1, 2012

Nonna Lia Italian Ristorante & Pizzeria

Thanks to a tip from a local newspaper, I checked out Nonna Lia Italian Ristorante & Pizzeria, formerly Pizza Chef, on William Penn Highway. I was very pleased to see that the restaurant is no longer a place where I'd only order takeout. The redesigned dining area welcomes patrons with a warm and cozy atmosphere, largely due to the stone fireplace against one wall.

Pictured: kitchen, as seen from dining area

Pictured: dining room

Pictured: closeup of fireplace

The menu had a great selection of Italian dishes, making it difficult to choose. In the end our party of three all ordered a different variety of personal pizza. Naturally, we all had to sample each one.

Pictured: Monte Bianco personal pizza

Pictured: pepperoni personal pizza

Pictured: Tutto Abbondanza personal pizza

My pizza was the Monte Bianco, a white pizza with provolone, mozzarella and pecorino romano cheeses. Of the three, it was my favorite. I plan to return to try both the Margharita and the Broccoli Floret pizza. With so many delicious options, this restaurant is likely to become a favorite of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

30 Days is Now 60 Days

I'm still eating mostly grain-free. In the past two months, I've cut out most grain (except the occasional wheat tortilla for work l...