Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Logan's Roadhouse

Allentown's Airport Center Shopping Plaza has added a number of different restaurants to the Lehigh Valley. The latest addition is Logan's Roadhouse, an American style eatery, located next to Panera Bread.

The interior of Logan's Roadhouse is very similar to another local roadhouse-style restaurant, but with a lighter, less cramped feeling. I wanted to take pictures, but the restaurant was too busy to be able to take pictures without being in someone's way. Instead, I took a photograph of the outside of the building.

Pictured: friendly staff member standing in front of restaurant

My husband, who is not watching his calories, ordered a huge steak. He also ate both of the dinner rolls, which is probably why he brought most of his steak home. The part of his meal that looked best to me was the grilled vegetable skewer. I'm going to have to try that next time I go to Logan's.

Pictured: steak, vegetable skewer, mashed potatoes and gravy

One of the main reasons I was interested in trying Logan's is the fact that they have one section of their menu dedicated to people who are watching their diets. The 'Health Nuts' choices are all very tempting and under 550 calories when served with broccoli and a salad. I decided to try the pork chop, since I usually order chicken when I go out to eat, and I wanted something a little different.

Pictured: grilled pork chop and broccoli

My meal was perfect and it fit into my calorie budget without leaving me hungry. Next time, I'll ask if I can switch my plain side salad (with fat free dressing) for one of those vegetable skewers. It may be a few more calories, but it'll be worth it. I also want to try both a steak and a chicken entree in the future. Judging by the number of people who were at Logan's at 11:30 last Sunday morning, the restaurant should do very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

30 Days is Now 60 Days

I'm still eating mostly grain-free. In the past two months, I've cut out most grain (except the occasional wheat tortilla for work l...