Friday, January 6, 2012

2011: Sharon Slimmed Slowly

I ended 2011 weighing less than I did in 2010, but not by as much as I'd hoped. I gained back 12 of the 36 pounds I'd lost between January and August, which still left me with a decent loss for 2011. My total loss is now 49 pounds over the last two years.

I also ended the old year/began the new year with two family celebrations. It's hard to resist food when it tastes so good, so I didn't. I tried not to overdo it too much, but I still enjoyed myself.

Pictured: end of year buffet with sister's family

Pictured: beginning of year buffet with Jay's family

Pictured: Sasha

My sister's cat Sasha made a tempting dessert, but I resisted her. By the time she crawled into the plastic lid, I was already feeling comfortably stuffed.

I'm mostly okay with the weight I gained back. I spent the last five months going to restaurants I wouldn't otherwise visit and having food I normally would have avoided. I especially enjoyed the ethnic food I tried. I regret more that I didn't stay active. I'm now working at getting 9,000+ steps in every day. I'm looking forward to going back to the community center and using their pool.

If I can lose 26 additional pounds in 2012, I'll be very happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

30 Days is Now 60 Days

I'm still eating mostly grain-free. In the past two months, I've cut out most grain (except the occasional wheat tortilla for work l...