Friday, January 20, 2012

Celebrating at Jumbars: Happy Anniversary... and Goodbye!

Wednesday was my 30th anniversary of being hired at D&B. It was also my last day as an employee there. Even though I left with a positive attitude about the future, I was glad that I had some friends to spend time with for the rest of the day. It helped keep my mind off the fact that my life is going to be very different now.

I had a tasty lunch with three very lovely ladies. We went to a quaint little restaurant in Bethlehem called Jumbars. When you walk inside, you get the feeling that you're in someone's living room. The whole restaurant looks like a house that was changed into an eating place.

Pictured: Jumbars bakery counter and cashier area

Pictured: homey decor

I was able to talk my best friend (and now former coworker) into splitting a sandwich with me. I ordered the turkey and apple chutney on cinnamon raisin bread, and she ordered the Greenwich St Special, which was turkey with Granny Smith apple, cheddar cheese and honey dijon mayonnaise. We both gave each other half of our sandwiches.

Pictured: turkey with apple chutney and the Greenwich St Special, fried potatoes and pickle slices

I enjoyed both, but I liked the Greenwich St Special a little bit more. It didn't have the sweetness of the other sandwich, plus the cheddar cheese and dijon mayonnaise were both delicious.

Pictured: caramel apple cake

Since I wasn't keeping track of calories for the day, I ordered a slice of caramel apple cake. All of the desserts on the counter looked good (especially the pies), but I have a hard time resisting caramel and apple. Given that I had apple in both my sandwiches, this completed my trio of apple goodies for the day. The best part was the frosting.

I already want to go back to Jumbars. There are so many other meals on the menu that I'd like to try. I just hope I don't have to sit so close to the door next time. There were a lot of people going in and out of the restaurant, and I was getting a chill every time the door was opened.

No comments:

Post a Comment

30 Days is Now 60 Days

I'm still eating mostly grain-free. In the past two months, I've cut out most grain (except the occasional wheat tortilla for work l...