Thursday, December 15, 2011

Melt, Center Valley PA

I recently had the pleasure of having lunch at Melt, one of the restaurants at Center Valley's Promenade Shops. The restaurant is a little on the expensive side, but it was a celebration of a co-worker's service anniversary, so lunch was paid for by the company.

Melt is a more contemporary type of Italian restaurant than the Italian places I usually visit. While I appreciate the rustic atmosphere at Italian eateries, there's a lot to be said about how beautiful the modern design of Melt looks. It's especially attractive sitting near the candle display in the main dining room, which replaces the traditional fireplace.

Pictured: Traci, waiting for the rest of our group

Pictured: candle display

Pictured: light fixture

Pictured: grilled sausage panini with roasted red peppers and onions

I decided to have a panini for lunch. My favorite meal, petto di pollo (chicken breast marinated in garlic and lemon with herbs), is only on the dinner menu. I probably could have ordered it, but I decided not to make a fuss. The panini was delicious and very filling.

I did order dessert, not because I was still hungry, but because Melt makes a fantastic dessert called meringa. It's a baked meringue surrounded by fresh berries and balsamic syrup. I've never had it anywhere else, so I always make sure to save room for it at Melt.

Unfortunately, as is often the case, I thought about taking a photograph of the meringa after I'd eaten most of it. At least it gives me a good reason to go back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

30 Days is Now 60 Days

I'm still eating mostly grain-free. In the past two months, I've cut out most grain (except the occasional wheat tortilla for work l...