Tuesday, November 22, 2011

CJT Asian Cuisine, Easton PA

CJT Asian Cuisine is the newest restaurant in the Southmont shopping center in Easton. It replaces JJ Wong's, a restaurant that Jay and I visited several times.

The initials in the name stand for Chinese, Japanese and Thai, all of which are now represented on the menu. Naturally, I had none of those. I had my Asian favorite, Mongolian beef. My favorite version of Mongolian beef is the dish prepared at P F Chang's, but I'm always looking for something similar that I can get closer to home.

Pictured: restaurant interior, with sushi bar in the background

Pictured: Mongolian beef

It wasn't P F Chang's style, but it was still very good. Instead of being on the sweet side, the beef was very spicy. The scallions threatened to overwhelm it a bit because there were so many of them. I only ate about 1/3 of the meal (with a little white rice). The rest I brought home and had for supper on a different night. It was just as good reheated.

Pictured: chirashi

Jay wasn't as happy with his chirashi (chirashizushi). According to him, it was actually sashimi. The sushi wasn't served over rice the way chirashi usually is. He enjoyed it, but not as much as he does at other restaurants.

I'm hoping CJT survives at Southmont. There are three Chinese-Japanese buffets close by, so I can imagine how hard it is for a non-buffet restaurant to compete. I like the variety that I can get at a buffet (especially if I'm trying new foods), but I prefer the portion control of a regular restaurant. Maybe one of these days I'll even get adventurous enough to try some Thai dishes.

3 comments:

  1. Ducky and I really like Thai food! A good dish to start out with is beef & broccoli soy sauce noodles -- pretty much every thai restaurant has some variation on this -- and pud thai. =) Thai iced tea is the best treat for going out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beef and broccoli soy sauce noodles sound very good to me. The problem I have with Asian food is that I don't like any kind of seafood or curry. It's hard to avoid them.

    Happy Thanksgiving to you and Ducky! I hope you get to spend the day together. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh God, that looks really good. I am filipino woman who just came here in Pennsylvania, been looking for Asian restaurant and came across with your blog. I am a vegetarian too, so I hope to find places that serves pure vegetables!

    ReplyDelete

30 Days is Now 60 Days

I'm still eating mostly grain-free. In the past two months, I've cut out most grain (except the occasional wheat tortilla for work l...