Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Pure Fruit and Nut Bars

When I was at Whole Foods this weekend, I picked up some fruit and nut bars made by a company called Pure. I'm always looking for this kind of food because it's a more healthy, all-natural way of snacking. Today, I tried the Cherry Cashew Pure bar. Yum!

image from the official website

The ingredients are: organic dates, organic cherries, organic walnuts, organic agave nectar, organic almonds, organic cashews and organic brown rice protein. There are 190 calories in the bar, which makes it comparable to a typical granola bar. Other flavors include Chocolate Brownie, Wild Blueberry, Apple Cinnamon and Cranberry Orange.

I'm looking forward to trying all of the varieties. Hopefully, they'll all taste as good as this one.

4 comments:

  1. Yum! Another one to try!! Have you ever tried Kind Bars & Snacks? We bought a few at Sprouts the other day and they were fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen those at my local Fresh Market, but I've never tried them. I'll have to buy one next time I'm at that grocery. The ingredients do look very healthy and natural. Thanks for the suggestion, Laura!

    So far, the only bar I didn't care too much for was a Lara bar that my best friend shared with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't really like Lara bars, either. I bought a huge variety at Costco last year and they hung out in my pantry forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ended up giving my Lara bars away. What a waste of money they were!

    ReplyDelete

30 Days is Now 60 Days

I'm still eating mostly grain-free. In the past two months, I've cut out most grain (except the occasional wheat tortilla for work l...