Tuesday, October 11, 2011

P J Whelihan's, Bethlehem PA

Sometimes we plan to go to one place for lunch on the weekend, but end up somewhere else. That was the case on Sunday. We were going to another restaurant in the area, but decided to try out the newest location of P J Whelihan's Pub and Restaurant, instead. Hopefully, it will do well in the space that used to house Bennigans.

Pictured: outside of the pub and restaurant

The restaurant had a nice pub feel, with dark wood and subtle lighting. The space felt much more open than it did when it was Bennigans. There were a lot of televisions on the walls, all tuned to various sporting events. I could see where it would be a fun place to watch a game while having a beer and a sandwich.

Pictured: placemat with menu

Pictured: BLT and sweet potato fries with horseradish sauce

Since it was the last day of my planned maintenance dieting, I splurged a little. I'm glad I did because the sweet potato fries were perfect. I don't usually like sweet potatoes because they're too sweet, but these were done just right. The horseradish dipping sauce did a nice job of opening my sinuses. The sandwich was also yummy. It's hard to go wrong when ordering a classic BLT.

Pictured: bar with televisions and scoreboards

Pictured: patrons enjoying a 100 ounce beer

I'd be happy to go back there another time, as long as I'm not being super careful about calorie counting. Pub grub isn't the most diet friendly food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

30 Days is Now 60 Days

I'm still eating mostly grain-free. In the past two months, I've cut out most grain (except the occasional wheat tortilla for work l...