Sunday, October 23, 2011

Ithaca NY, Day 1: Taughannock State Park and Falls

No trip to Ithaca is complete without a visit to Taughannock State Park in Ulysses NY and its breathtaking falls.

Pictured: view of Lake Cayuga from Taughannock State Park

Pictured: small waterfall at entrance to the lower trail

Pictured: rocks stacked on river bed

Pictured: Taughannock Falls

The falls were very impressive, with a drop of 215 feet. We walked the lower (easier) trail to view them, which was probably a good idea since the trail was muddy and slippery because of the fallen leaves. We also drove to a higher lookout point after our hike, to view the shelf above the falls.

2 comments:

  1. The pictures are gorgeous! It's so nice to see water! (I love the stacked rocks!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'll have more pictures to post (probably on Tuesday). It's ironic that I don't like being in water, but I love being near it. Creeks are probably my favorite. I like the sound of running water.

    ReplyDelete

30 Days is Now 60 Days

I'm still eating mostly grain-free. In the past two months, I've cut out most grain (except the occasional wheat tortilla for work l...