Sunday, October 16, 2011

Hibachi Grill and Supreme Buffet

One of the most difficult places for me to eat at when I'm watching my calories is any Asian buffet restaurant. This is especially true when I go to Hibachi Grill and Supreme Buffet.

Pictured: Hibachi Grill and Supreme Buffet on Route 191 in Bethlehem

Pictured: seating within Hibachi Grill and Supreme Buffet

Pictured: green beans, steamed broccoli, spring roll, fried dumpling, spare ribs, two types of grilled chicken, General Tso's chicken and chicken in garlic sauce

There are so many choices, but I try my best to limit myself to one plate of non-dessert food and one plate of dessert. I fill my plate with a lot of vegetables, especially ones not covered in sauce, like steamed broccoli. I also try to eat some protein, usually chicken. Having one bite of several different chicken dishes is better than having a lot of any one kind.

My guilty pleasures are spring rolls and fried dumplings. I used to eat egg rolls, but the spring rolls don't feel as heavy in my stomach.

Pictured: pastry, fresh pineapple, canned pineapple and chocolate cake with whipped cream frosting

I always allow myself one plate of dessert. Today, I had one slice of cake, one pastry and two different servings of pineapple (since I didn't notice the fresh pineapple until after I'd taken some canned fruit). One of the great things about Asian buffet desserts is that they tend to not be too sweet. (It's probably a good thing that they're usually small portion sizes, too.)

I consider it a success if I can walk away from the buffet not feeling full. I know I can always go back another day if I feel like I missed out on something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

30 Days is Now 60 Days

I'm still eating mostly grain-free. In the past two months, I've cut out most grain (except the occasional wheat tortilla for work l...