Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Vacation, All I Ever Wanted

Hubby and I are one step closer to going on vacation in Canada. His passport arrived yesterday. We're expecting mine any day now, since we sent them for renewal together.

If we get to go on this vacation, it will be a bus trip with a local bus company. We went to Niagara Falls with them last year. This bus trip visits Montreal, Quebec City and Ottawa. Here are the highlights:

  • Dinner and entertainment at Festin du Gouverneur (Montreal)
  • Guided Tour of Old & New Montreal, including Notre Dame Basilica
  • Dinner at du Vieux Port
  • Guided Tour of Quebec City (Quebec City)
  • Guided Tour of St. Anne de Beaupre
  • Montmorency Falls
  • Guided Tour of Ottawa City (Ottawa)

I've always wanted to visit Montreal. I've been to Toronto, which is a beautiful city, but I imagine Montreal as having more of a European feel. I have a strong fascination for European cities, which are much older than any cities I can visit in my own country.

I'm also hoping to go on a trip with this same company around Christmas. They have a short trip to Wheeling WV that includes a holiday dinner show, train display, Christmas lights show and tour of Pittsburgh PA. Every year I try to find a different place to celebrate the holidays. I just have to get hubby to agree.

2 comments:

  1. Traveling around Europe is great fun. I loved the US when I was there years ago, but what I even love about Europe more is that with a few hours by car, you're in a totally different country with lots of interesting things (and foods) to see and do. The Netherlands itself isn't that big on history, unfortunately. We do have protected monumental buildings, but we don't have a rich history like France, or something that stands out that you 'have to see!' (like an Eiffel Tower, or the Louvre). We do have good fries with mayonnaise, though... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously, the Netherlands has something I'd dearly love to visit -- YOU!

    ReplyDelete

30 Days is Now 60 Days

I'm still eating mostly grain-free. In the past two months, I've cut out most grain (except the occasional wheat tortilla for work l...