Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Meaning of Maintenance

My plan is to take a break from having a calorie deficit until the end of September. I've been eating between 1,600-1,700 calories. LoseIt gives me a maintenance budget of almost 2,200.

My goals:
  • Eat 2,000-2,100 calories per day of nutritious food.
  • Avoid junk foods.
  • Keep consumption of sweets to a minimum.
  • Eat fewer cereal bars and more salad.
  • Drink water instead of soda and flavored water.
  • Walk for 30 minutes most days.

Essentially what I'm doing is keeping up the same good habits I've developed, but allowing myself a little more freedom. We'll see how this goes after about a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

30 Days is Now 60 Days

I'm still eating mostly grain-free. In the past two months, I've cut out most grain (except the occasional wheat tortilla for work l...