Monday, August 29, 2011

Rocked Me with a Hurricane

Hurricane Irene was downgraded to a category 1 storm, but it still did a lot of damage in my town. The historic area of downtown saw flooding from the creek running along side some of the buildings that were erected in the 1790s.

Here are before and after pictures showing the flooding. If you look closely at the first picture, you can see the retaining wall of the creek in the lower right hand corner. That's the wall that's almost completely underwater in the second photo.



It makes me sad to see this because the first picture was taken by my husband two weeks prior to yesterday's storm. The area was full of people having a great time celebrating with food, drink and music. Now it's a mess.

The valley I live in has had droughts before. I'd much rather have a drought than have a flood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

30 Days is Now 60 Days

I'm still eating mostly grain-free. In the past two months, I've cut out most grain (except the occasional wheat tortilla for work l...