Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Introduction

I have a feeling this is mostly going to be a blog about losing weight, but I also hope to post other things, too. I should probably begin by giving a little information about me, and why I need a weight loss blog.

Pictured: Sharon on July 30, 2011 at Lehigh Valley Zoo, Schnecksville, PA

That's me (standing next to a stuffed wolf at the local zoo). I'm 53 years old, and I've had a weight problem since childhood. I gained 52 pounds in one year after a life threatening illness when I was 5 years old. I've slimmed down several times in my adult life, but I've never been able to maintain it.

This time around, I've been using LoseIt to monitor my calories, and Fitbit to keep track of my exercise. I also listen to Fat 2 Fit Radio, a great source of inspiration. Here are a few of my statistics:

Highest weight: 260
Current weight: 199 (-61 pounds!)
Goal weight: 160-165 (at least 34 pounds to lose)

I'm a big believer in losing weight slowly. I don't reduce calories drastically and do tons of exercise. I don't drop whole food groups out of my diet. I don't stop eating sweets. I believe in cutting back, but not cutting out. I believe in moderate exercise, at least 3-5 times a week.

It may take me a while to achieve what I desire. I may make a few missteps along the way. I'm not aiming for perfection. And that's why I've titled this blog 'Slowly Slimming Sharon.'

I will lose weight, and I will feel great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

30 Days is Now 60 Days

I'm still eating mostly grain-free. In the past two months, I've cut out most grain (except the occasional wheat tortilla for work l...