Saturday, August 20, 2011

Eating at the New Jersey Shore

Pictured: ham and brie on focaccia bread, pickle and potato salad from the Pavilion Restaurant at Jenkinson's Beach, Point Pleasant NJ

Pictured: patty melt (hamburger, cheese, onions and rye bread) from Johnny Rockets on the boardwalk, Atlantic City NJ

I tried to make healthier choices at the shore, but I didn't have a lot of options. I should have skipped the potato salad at the Pavilion Restaurant, but I haven't had any all year. At least it was only about 1/2 cup.

At Johnny Rockets, I didn't get the french fries that came with my burger. I had a choice of bread, so I picked rye. I figured I'd at least get a higher fiber bread.

Luckily, I walked 20,000 steps the first day at the shore, and 10,000 the second day. It helped keep my weight from going up. It's nice to know I can handle situations like this, where I don't have as much control of the menu, and still not gain weight by making bad choices.

Pictured: Sharon on August 19, 2011 at the shore, Atlantic City NJ

More pictures can be found here

No comments:

Post a Comment

30 Days is Now 60 Days

I'm still eating mostly grain-free. In the past two months, I've cut out most grain (except the occasional wheat tortilla for work l...