Sunday, August 21, 2011

Favorite Restaurant Meals: Ruby Tuesday Spaghetti Squash

Pictured: spaghetti squash marinara (red pepper marinara tossed with roasted spaghetti squash and tender zucchini), 406 calories per dish

I plan to make this a series of posts. I want to show what kind of meals I eat at well-known (national chain) restaurants while I'm watching my calorie intake. I usually eat out an average of three times every week (twice on weekends and once during the week. I try to eat healthy choices that aren't too rich in calories.

With this meal at Ruby Tuesday, I usually eat one garlic and cheese biscuit (102 calories) and half of my entree. That's 305 calories. If I'm still hungry, I eat a piece of fruit at home. Leftovers heat up well, so I always take half the meal home to have for supper.

I owe a big thank you to Ruby Tuesday. I never had spaghetti squash until I had it there. Now I make it at home, too. I like the taste with marinara sauce, but I'd love to try it sometime with pesto. It's a great way to sneak more vegetables into my diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

30 Days is Now 60 Days

I'm still eating mostly grain-free. In the past two months, I've cut out most grain (except the occasional wheat tortilla for work l...