Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Roma Ristorante

I've long been a fan of Taste of Italy, on Catasauqua Road in Allentown. The same family that runs that restaurant also operates a more upscale Italian restaurant on the other side of Airport Road, in the new shopping center. The new restaurant is Roma Ristorante.

Pictured: front of restaurant

One of the most fun things about Roma is the fact that guests are greeted by a statue of a Roman soldier, standing outside of the restaurant. The inside of Roma is beautifully decorated in tones of blue and brown, creating a very relaxing and sophisticated environment in which to enjoy delicious food. A beautiful glass wave divides the bar area from the dining area.

Pictured: inside of restaurant

I ordered fettuccine with garlic and oil for my meal. Before my pasta arrived, I snacked on fresh baked bread that was served with olive oil and spices.

Pictured: fettuccine with garlic and oil

The portion was huge. I ended up taking 2/3 of it home. It tasted wonderful at the restaurant, and even better when I had it again a couple days later. I'm pretty sure there must have been some butter melted in with the oil. My pasta had a fantastic buttery taste to it. It was perfect with the large pieces of garlic that were generously mixed throughout the pasta.

Would I order this again? Absolutely! I think I actually prefer the garlic and oil over red sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

30 Days is Now 60 Days

I'm still eating mostly grain-free. In the past two months, I've cut out most grain (except the occasional wheat tortilla for work l...