Sunday, February 19, 2012

Big Woody's Sports Bar Is a Winner

I love when old buildings are renovated into something completely different. One recent successful renovation is Big Woody's Sports Bar and Restaurant on Easton Ave, Bethlehem.

The site was most recently a Hollywood Video store, but you'd never guess that when looking at it now. Gone are the racks of movies and snacks. They've been replaced by brightly decorated tables with individual televisions for viewing sporting events. Instead of popcorn and candy, patrons can enjoy Italian dishes, steak sandwiches and much more.

Pictured: bar

Pictured: part of main seating area

Since there were three of us, we decided to split an appetizer plate. I was barely able to snap a photograph of the wings, mozzarella sticks, poppers and potato skins before they were all gone.

Pictured: Big Woody's sampler, half eaten

Our meals came just around the time we were done eating appetizers and taking pictures of the huge restaurant. I chose my meal, a white pizza roll, based on the recommendation of our waitress. It ended up being a very good decision.

Pictured: white pizza roll (mozzarella cheese, provolone cheese, ricotta cheese and garlic)

Pictured: plain and supreme pizza slices

Pictured: Wisconsin burger and fries

There was so much food, none of us could finish our meals. We enjoyed everything very much. I'd love to go back again sometime, since the menu has so many selections to try. I'm not usually a fan of sports bars, but Big Woody's may make me change my mind about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

30 Days is Now 60 Days

I'm still eating mostly grain-free. In the past two months, I've cut out most grain (except the occasional wheat tortilla for work l...