Thursday, January 12, 2012

Numbers Aren't As Fun to Crunch As Food

Right now, I'm working with four different websites to kick start my weight loss: LoseIt, Fitbit, BodyBugg and Fat2Fit Radio.

I currently weigh about 211. My goal is to lose 21 pounds and weigh 190. I'm almost 54 years old, 5'5" tall. I'd like to lose 1 pound per week. My calorie goals for each site are as follows:

Loseit: 1771
Fitbit: 1385 – 1531 (that range increases as my activity increases)
BodyBugg: 1775 (assuming that I burn 2275)
Fat2Fit Radio: 1840 (for sedentary activity level)

1385 to 1840 calories per day is a pretty wide range. As if that's not complicated enough, I'm finding that Fitbit and BodyBugg don't agree on the number of calories I burn during exercise (walking) or the number of steps I take. BodyBugg consistently gives me lower calorie burns and credit for steps than Fitbit. I put both devices on at the same time this morning. Right now, Fitbit says I walked 4790 steps; BodyBugg says I walked 4635.

For the next week, I'm going to try to earn a 500 calorie deficit on BodyBugg each day. I'm going to aim for 1650 calories and 12000 steps each day. After doing this for one week, I'll check and see how accurate it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

30 Days is Now 60 Days

I'm still eating mostly grain-free. In the past two months, I've cut out most grain (except the occasional wheat tortilla for work l...