Friday, December 23, 2011

Molto Pazzo: Very Crazy (and Very Yummy)

Today was one of the last days to visit Christmas City Village in downtown Bethlehem, so Jay and I decided to have lunch downtown before taking a walk behind the Sun Inn to see the crafters. We passed several restaurants on Main Street before deciding to try one we hadn't been to already: Molto Pazzo.

Molto Pazzo (Italian for 'very crazy') is a relatively new restaurant. It opened in November, replacing Olio Trattoria, an Italian restaurant that we unfortunately didn't get to try. The inside is beautiful. The decor is what you'd expect in an Italian restaurant, with brown, yellow and orange color everywhere, creating a warm rustic feeling.

Pictured: outside of restaurant

Pictured: view of the doorway from inside

I was a little afraid that sitting near the doorway might be a bad idea on a cold December day, so I asked if we could sit as far from the door as possible. Even though other customers came in after us, I never felt any cold air. It's possible that the curtain inside the doorway kept most of the cold from reaching us.

Pictured: wine bottles on the wall

Pictured: prettiest part of the restaurant

Pictured: Jay, with the kitchen behind him on the left

Pictured: frittata panini and pasta salad

Jay ordered lasagna, while I had a frittata panini, a traditional omelet with potatoes, onions, peppers and cheese on the most delicious toasted bread. Instead of fries, I chose pasta salad. I was only able to finish half of my meal. I brought the rest home to have as either supper tonight or breakfast tomorrow.

I'm already looking forward to going back for a different meal. The one Italian food they don't have on their menu is pizza, but given all the other choices, it won't be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

30 Days is Now 60 Days

I'm still eating mostly grain-free. In the past two months, I've cut out most grain (except the occasional wheat tortilla for work l...