Friday, November 25, 2011

Talkin' Turkey After Thanksgiving

Jay and I spent Thanksgiving with his family at the home of his parents. As always, it was a wonderful evening filled with pleasant company and delicious food. The stars of the evening were the new baby of the family (Jay's nephew's son), who kept us all entertained, and Jay's mother, who cooked another tasty traditional Thanksgiving meal.

Pictured: the Thanksgiving table

Pictured: smoked turkey, green bean casserole, succotash, stuffing, mashed potatoes and a dinner roll

The only things I didn't eat were ham, gravy and cranberry sauce. Dessert was a choice of pies. I had small pieces of pumpkin pie, cherry custard pie and sugar free lemon chiffon pie. My three small pieces combined equaled about one eighth of a pie.

Earlier in the day, I'd read Top Swaps for Thanksgiving from Eat This, Not That. I ended up following almost all of their advice, other than swapping green bean casserole for stuffing. I rarely eat stuffing, except at Thanksgiving, so I had a small amount with my green bean casserole.

My weight this morning tells me that I ate a little too much, but I'm okay with that. I'll try to stick closer to my calorie budget today, and hope that my weight will go down in a couple days. Feeling guilty is counter-productive, so I'll be doing none of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

30 Days is Now 60 Days

I'm still eating mostly grain-free. In the past two months, I've cut out most grain (except the occasional wheat tortilla for work l...