Sunday, October 30, 2011

I'm Dreaming of a White... Halloween?

Eastern Pennsylvania got hit with a pretty nasty snowstorm this weekend. Yesterday we had record snowfall amounts of 6-10 inches in the Lehigh Valley area. Our previous record was 2.2 inches, which fell in Allentown on October 31, 1925. It's not a lot of snow, but it's caused power outages due to trees falling. My sister and her family were without power most of Saturday.

Here are a couple before and after pictures, to give an idea of how much the weather changed.


That's me on October 28, raking leaves and doing some cleanup around the rock in my front yard. I was wearing my light fall jacket.


That's me again, on October 29. I'm wearing my heavy winter coat as I try to shovel very heavy wet snow from the driveway. That line of cleared driveway is actually the width of the area I had to clean. It took me over an hour to shovel the driveway. (I did get a little help from my husband near the end. I originally told him I wanted to do it all myself, but I got too tired.)

If there's a bright side to any of this, it's the fact that I got outside and was active. I also spent the time I was indoors making homemade soup. My house still smells good this morning from all the cooking I did yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

30 Days is Now 60 Days

I'm still eating mostly grain-free. In the past two months, I've cut out most grain (except the occasional wheat tortilla for work l...