Thursday, May 24, 2012

Blue Sky Cafe

Blue Sky Cafe, located on 4th Street in South Bethlehem, has a reputation for being a great place to go for breakfast. I'm happy to say that they also serve a delicious lunch.

The restaurant isn't very big, but we didn't have any problem getting a table on a weekday, just before noon. I had been expecting to see the place filled with Lehigh University students, but there was a nice mix of patrons in the Blue Sky Cafe. I enjoyed the open kitchen, where it's possible to watch while the chef cooks the food. Next time I might even ask to sit at the bar.

Pictured: open kitchen area with bar

Because breakfast is served all day, I was able to order a panini sandwich and chips for lunch, while my best friend had the plate of pancakes she really wanted.

Pictured: grilled zucchini, roasted red pepper, onions and cheese on tomato foccacia bread

I've recently switched to a vegetarian diet. I was happy that the menu had a few meatless meals from which to choose. My sandwich was so delicious, I didn't even miss the meat. I'm glad I didn't ask if they still had sweet potato fries. It would have been way more than I could have eaten.

The restaurant's website isn't completely up to date, but the menu is close to what we were given by our waitress. Next time, I'm trying the pancakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

30 Days is Now 60 Days

I'm still eating mostly grain-free. In the past two months, I've cut out most grain (except the occasional wheat tortilla for work l...