Sunday, October 2, 2011

Shady Maple, East Earl PA

Hubby and I went to Shady Maple this weekend. His sister said the smorgasbord there was amazing, so we thought we'd check it out while we were in the area buying aquarium supplies. I also wanted to see the Farm Market, which is part of the Shady Maple complex of buildings.

Pictured: outside of the Farm Market

Pictured: Menonnite buggy

Pictured: smorgasbord, cafe and gift shop

Pictured: my lunch (roast beef, mashed potatoes and gravy, beans, carrots, apple sausage, meat loaf)

The food was good, but I expected more Pennsylvania Dutch food, since the area is known for that. I had a second plate of food (one small piece of roast turkey breast, a spoonful of filling and one piece of strawberry bread) before having a couple spoonfuls of three kinds of pudding and a small piece of red velvet cake. I ate a lot of food, but I took the smallest portions I could find. I actually ate relatively little compared to what I saw other people eating. I try not to take "All-You-Can-Eat Buffet" as a challenge.

After we left Shady Maple, we stopped at another farmers market, Village Farm Market.

Pictured: outside of the Village Farm Market

This was just a tiny market, but it had some wonderful looking baked goods. I brought home apple bread and rice krispie treats. It was a high calorie day for me, but fortunately I offset it by walking over 10,000 steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

30 Days is Now 60 Days

I'm still eating mostly grain-free. In the past two months, I've cut out most grain (except the occasional wheat tortilla for work l...