Friday, September 9, 2011

Thinking Ahead to October

I've got two more weeks of maintenance. At the beginning of October, I plan to go back to moderately restricting my calories. I'm hoping to keep my daily budget around 1,700-1,800. That's down from 2,000-2,200. More importantly, I plan to get back to walking 8,000 steps a day for most days of the week. The weather should be nicer, now that summer's coming to an end, so I'll be more motivated to walk.

My goal will be to try to lose 20 more pounds, before going back on maintenance again. After that, I'll try for the last 20 pounds. I'm not giving myself a time limit.

I'll probably stop having my 80 calorie cold latte with my afternoon snack. I'll also switch one of my servings of fruit back to baby carrots, or have the fruit in place of the granola bars I've been having as my snack in the afternoon. I may change from having Greek yogurt every day to having it every other day. I'd like to add almonds back into my meal plan. With colder weather, homemade soup will likely be my default for supper.

Small changes will add up. If I don't see benefits right away, I know they'll come eventually. Weight loss is my main goal, but at the same time, I'm also trying to make better food choices. If I don't lose weight quickly but I do improve the quality of what I'm eating, I still consider that a win.

I'm going to a vegan-themed festival tomorrow. Maybe I'll be lucky and find some new ways to make vegetables exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

30 Days is Now 60 Days

I'm still eating mostly grain-free. In the past two months, I've cut out most grain (except the occasional wheat tortilla for work l...