Friday, October 7, 2011

Paolo's Italian Restaurant, Northampton PA

Jay and I met up with Althea and Lorraine, two friends we made on our bus trip to Canada, for dinner at Paolo's Italian Restaurant in Northampton PA. Althea chose the restaurant, which was located in a former burger restaurant in a small strip mall. It didn't look impressive from the outside, but the inside was very charming and intimate.

Pictured: Jay arriving at our booth, with the kitchen in the background

Instead of hiding the kitchen, it was on full display for customers to watch their food being prepared. It added to the warm and cozy feeling of Paolo's.

Pictured: fresh bread and garlic in oil

Pictured: corn chowder

Pictured: sausage filled ravioli with caramelized onions, peppers and potatoes in a red sauce

I had ravioli that was stuffed with a slightly spicy sausage. I like Italian food in general, so I was very pleased. The portion was so big that I'll probably be eating it for four more meals. It's a good thing that Italian food seems to get better as it ages.

I'll be happy to go back to Paolo's again to sample more dishes. The menu had many interesting options, so I'm sure we'll be able to go back often and not have the same dish twice.

The best part of the evening was spending time with our new friends. Next time, Jay and I get to choose the place where we'll dine. I'm already looking forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

30 Days is Now 60 Days

I'm still eating mostly grain-free. In the past two months, I've cut out most grain (except the occasional wheat tortilla for work l...